February 2, 2017
Super Bowl Madness Falcons versus Patriots
With Super Bowl Sunday finally here this week, I thought it might be fun to provide dueling recipes that are local to Boston and Atlanta! Serve these at your Super Bowl Party and your guests will cheer! And be sure to try the Bonus Super Bowl Chili Recipe below! Enjoy!
Varsity Chili Dog versus New England Lobster Roll
New England Lobster Roll
Makes 8 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked diced Maine lobster meat
- 1/2 cup Garlic Just Mayo
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 white top split buns
In a small mixing bowl gently toss lobster meat, mayo, tarragon, lemon juice to just combine. Set aside.
On a preheated griddle or cast iron pan, lightly toast the bun on all sides until golden brown. Carefully split the bun and spoon in lobster mixture gently, do not pack it in allow it to sit a little above bun. Serve immediately.
Makes 12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups Super Bowl Chili (see below) or your favorite chili
- 12 all beef hot dogs
- 12 hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cup corn chips (Fritos)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
Make the chili recipe below, keep hot.
Place hot dogs on grill and about 6-8 minutes or until the hot dogs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Gently heat buns on grill. For each hot dog take 1 heated hot dog bun and top with 1 hot dog, 1 oz. of chili, 1 teaspoon shredded cheddar cheese and then 2 Tablespoons corn chips. Garnish the hot dog with 1/2 teaspoon fresh cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon green onion.
Super Bowl Chili
Makes 8 (1/2 cup) servings
Spice blend: mix together
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the chili
- 12 ounce ground beef, 80/20
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated unsweetened chocolate
Spice Blend: Mix all the dry ingredients together. Set aside until ready for use.
For the Chili: Combine meat, onions and chopped garlic in large pot and brown. Add tomato sauce, ketchup, water, vinegar and honey. As mixture comes to a boil, add the dry spice mixture and lower to a simmer for ½ hour. Stir mixture constantly so that the meat breaks up and has a fine texture.
After 30 minutes, add grated chocolate and return to a simmer for another 30 minutes. Chili should be a little tight. Add tomato juice if it gets too dry during reheating.
Give these two great recipes a try at your Super Bowl Party! Be sure to download both of these recipe cards below.
Have fun watching the game!