STATESBORO, GA, US, 30458
- We have an opening for an EXECUTIVE CHEF IV position.
- Location: EAST GA MED CNTR - STATESBORO, GA area Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: VARIES
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
Full time associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Working as the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for the staff. You will prepare or direct the preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
- Plans regular and modified menus according to established guidelines
- Follows standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality
- Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on Company and regulatory standards
- Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas. Ensures that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned
- Maintains inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
- Makes all decisions regarding utilization of leftover food products staying within Company guidelines for such products
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits
- Visits patients on an assigned nursing unit or area and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of the management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay
- Follows facility, department, and Company safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting
- Participates and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
- B.S. Degree in Culinary Arts, Food Services Technology/Management/or related field; or A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
- Minimum of three to five years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences
- Hands-on chef experience a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in patient satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Foodservice Management - SALARYApply Here