7 Myths You Need to Know About Contract Food Service
Healthcare organizations and their leaders are challenged to deliver quality care while controlling their costs and reducing variability. Contract food and nutrition services are a viable solution to these challenges. With the right partner, hospitals can improve the patient experience while lowering costs.
New technologies are continuing to evolve, maximizing efficiency and offering unprecedented patient experience improvements to food and nutrition services. With this technology comes an emphasis on data and analytics. When implemented properly, data encourages better benchmarking and sharing of best practices.
When weighing the pros and cons of self-operation as it relates to contract food services, these key benefits are often overlooked. Here we debunk some of the myths that surround contract food service.
- Contract food service is more expensive. Unexpected inflationary pressures have led to declining and negative margins. Through innovative technology solutions and economies of scale, Morrison Healthcare can lower what you spend on food and nutrition services while also increasing the level of service offered. On average, we save our clients 11 percent.
- The cost is going to go up! We assess the needs of your hospital system, making continuous adjustments to ensure you realize savings for the life of the contract. Cost control is in our DNA. We are focused on building relationships with our partners while continually improving purchasing power for your organization.
- I will lose control of my Food and Nutrition Services Department. Culture is important. We want to work within your existing culture to build a great food and nutrition services program. You’ll be there every step of the way. It’s about partnering, not taking over.
- I’ll just be a number in a big contract company. We prioritize the partnership, creating customized solutions for each hospital based on their unique needs. It’s about finding the right program for your patients, staff, and community while addressing systemic disruption in the workforce, inflationary pressure, and supply chain concerns.
- There will be no transparency on billing and accounting. You’ll know what you’re spending and when you’re spending it. Morrison Healthcare offers open-book accounting so you are kept up to date on all expenses.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. While that adage is often true, it isn’t in this case. The cost savings, increased efficiency, and improved patient experience scores will make a quantifiable impact on your organization.
- I’ll be locked into a long contract. Flexibility is important. That’s why Morrison Healthcare offers flexible contracts. We understand the needs of supply chain and finance leaders. It’s about delivering the service your patients want while fitting within your budget.
We are seeing systemic changes to workforce management; the speed required to evolve with technological change and inflationary pressure necessitates the right partner. The savings and operational efficiencies are real and can be replicated year after year. It’s about delivering value to your patients and your hospital. Let us help you find the right partner by creating a customized food and nutrition services program that can move the needle while reducing the total cost ownership.