7 Myths You Need to Know About Contract Food Service
Contract food and nutrition services are a vital part of the healthcare experience. With the right partner, hospitals can improve the patient experience while lowering costs. Just look at the innovative solutions that have emerged over the past few years.
New technologies are continuing to evolve, bringing new levels of efficiency and patient experience improvements to food and nutrition services. With this technology comes an emphasis on data and analytics. When implemented properly, data can lead to major improvements in hospital operations by allowing for better benchmarking and sharing of best practices.
Some of this gets lost in the conversation about self-operation versus contract food service. In fact, there’s a lot of misinformation out there. As a result, we are taking a couple of minutes to debunk some of the myths that surround contract food service.
- Contract food service is more expensive—It’s not. Through innovative technology solutions and economies of scale, Morrison Healthcare can lower what you spend on food and nutrition services while also increasing the level of service offered. On average, we save our clients 11 percent!
- The cost is going to go up—We don’t just save you money at the start. We keep those savings year after year by making continuous adjustments to ensure you realize savings for the life of the contract. Cost control is in our DNA.
- I will lose control of my Food and Nutrition Services Department—Culture is important. We want to work within your existing culture to build a great food and nutrition services program. You’ll be there every step of the way. It’s about partnering, not taking over.
- I’ll just be a number in a big contract company—No way! Your business matters. In fact, we create customized solutions for each hospital based on their unique needs. It’s about finding the right program for your patients, staff, and community.
- There will be no transparency on billing and accounting—You’ll know what you’re spending and when you’re spending it. Morrison Healthcare offers open-book accounting so you are kept up to date on all expenses.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is—While that adage is usually true, it isn’t in this case. The cost savings, increased efficiency, and improved patient experience scores will make a quantifiable impact on your organization.
- I’ll be locked into a long contract—Flexibility is important. That’s why Morrison Healthcare offers flexible contracts. We understand the needs of supply chain and finance leaders. It’s about delivering the service your patients want while fitting within your budget.
The savings and operational efficiencies are real and can be replicated year after year. It’s about delivering value to your patients and hospital. Let us help you find the right partner by creating a customized food and nutrition services program that can move the needle without breaking the bank.